Re: Signal Failure @ East Hills Line!!!

eikkert@my-deja.com wrote in <8ibprc$mb8$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:

>I heard on the news that it was signal failure at Turella followed by a
>pump failure at Wolli Creek. Something about the points not being able
>to switch at Wolli Creek/Turella.
>
>My brother took 90 minutes to get from the City to Hurstville - a 19
>minute journey.
>Also reported was no trains to Sydenham whatsoever last night for a
>period. And a 90 minute journey from City to Bardwell Park.

A METOObie remark here, my parents got caught up in this mess last week,
and aparently got stuck for about 2 hours, having just come off the airport
line. What a nice way to present a rail company to two interstate
travellers (: Found out this evening when I asked dad how the airport line
was then came the saga of what was quoted as a compressor failing at a set
of points, which would beg to say that these points were air assisted.

Regards

Michael

A Once Off Citrail Poster (:

--
     Email: michael {DOT} kurkowski {AT} gunzel {DOT} net
          (Any mail sent to usenet.spam@gunzel.net

   "VKC to all units, Warning to all units, there is a gunzel
         on the loose, approach with EXTREME caution!"