Re: Delay in Alice to Darwin railway contract

"< Tell >" <telljb@01.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> No doubt they will, be nothing more than a strip of
> bitumen alongside as per the station in Alice.
>
> There are no fixed motorail facilities in Alice Springs
> just a simple flat car with double deck ramps attached.
>
> BTW ....GSR have a ticket office over in the CBD on
> Todd Mall at Traveland in the old Ansett building, the
> passenger office in the rail yard is only used by them
> on Ghan days.

Further to the motorail, fabricated steel ramps lifted
into position with a crane is the method now.

I have some interesting shots of the ANR motorail setup
used initially when the standard gauge opened, an
ancient R series shorty bogie flat car along with a 4
wheeler flat car.!

----Tell
Alice Springs
<< Remove 01 for email reply >>