Re: [NSW] CityRail ticketing query.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:29:45 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Hubert Lam wrote:
>
>> hmm...I haven't tried this before, but say I got a Burwood & Hornsby weekly, would I be able to get
>> off at Central or Chatswood (although it only takes half an hour to go via main north but via
>> City/Shore it takes up to 1 hr)
>
>No.  Not unless you got a Burwood to Hornsby via North Sydney weekly.

Is it actually possible to get one, and if so, wouldn't the price be
the same as the one via Epping as all CityRail ticket prices are now
calculated via the shortest distance? ie. if I but a ticket from
Central to Hornsby I get the same ticket whether I go via North Sydney
or via Strathfield.

I didn't even know the current ticketing system had a provision to
print a "via" line on tickets!

Albert Alcoceba
  <><
alberta@zip.com.au