Re: [QLD] Electrics to Grandchester (was Re: 3900's west of Ipswich)

It would make a lot more sense to build  new diesel rollingstock than to
electrify the line west. The cost to electrify would be enormous whereas the
diesel option would only cost the new rollingstock and the current alignment
would not need changing.

kevin
Colin Weaver <weaver@powerup.com.au> wrote in message
> Any word about when we can expect to see electrification west of
> Rosewood commence?  It would be great to see regular passenger service
> return to Grandchester.
>
> --Colin
>
> MattyQ wrote:
>

> > There is word spreading that a new feeder station may be built at
Rosewood