NSW Terrorgraph follows school girl around for story

In today's Terrorgraph (13/6), there was a report about increased journey
times under the new CityRail timetable, especially the East Hills line.
While I don't have the article in front of me now, the gist is as follows:

* Girl leaves school at Croydon with Terrorgraph reporter following.
* Girl goes to Croydon station, catches train to Redfern, changes train to
Riverwood.
* Girl tries to catch bus from Riverwood station but it leaves 2 minutes
early (how did they know this if they were with the girl)
* Girl arrives home - long trip from Croydon - Riverwood (about 2 hours).

Are the Terrorgraph so hard up for anti CityRail stories that they have 2
hours to follow a school girl around? Surely they can do better. I wonder
what they will come up with next? I wonder if the girl was walking slower?

Besides the story, it shows yet another long trip made by a private school
student at taxpayer's expense and how indirect our rail system can be.

--
Eric
aus.rail FAQ (under evaluation)

Eric's Transport Site Direct URL: http://www.erk.au.com/erktrans/
Sport, TV and Humour Archives http://www.webalias.com/erknet
Email me: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"They have the internet on computers now?" - Homer Simpson.