Re: Is aus.rail bad?

Eric Cartman wrote in message <39458ed7@news.iprimus.com.au>...
>Just some points from the mini-thread started by Chris G about this
>newsgroup. This post is directed at no one person - I'm playing the ball
and
>not the man here.
<snip lots just to get the header>

aus.rail is, by comparison, a pretty good group. The recent cross posting
fiasco was one of those things you have to put up with from time to time.
Otherwise the posters are generally on topic and reasonably polite. I have,
at times, lurked at aus.legal where at least one other aus.railer is a
regular and where one would expect this to be a reasonably civilised group.
This is not the case. Even worse is aus.tv and god knows what some of the
others are like.

I routinely ignore threads about Metcard, V sets and steam but I other
people are interested in those things so  why not. I support a formal FAQ
and I don't think the group ahs been going downhill.

Barry Campbell