Re: East Hills Expansion Update

Earth works are currently in progress for most of the length of the line
between Turrella and just east of Beverly Hills stations.  Most vegetation
has been cleared although significant cutting and embankment works are still
required between Turrella and Bexley North.

The replacement signalling is being installed on the existing lines for the
length of the work.  This is so the old signalling infrastructure can be
removed removing an impediment to earthworks in places.  All new signals
have LED "lenses" and  are four aspect (ie. red over red, green over red,
green over yellow and green over green).  As the tracks are going to be
slewed to the south between Bardwell Park and Bexley North the intermediate
signals on this section will be suspended from overhead gantries.

Road overbridge works continue at Bardwell Park, Bexley North and
Kingsgrove.  The temporary stair structure at Bexley North has been removed
and the original stairs have been connected to the rebuilt bridge.
Temporary stairs have been brought into use at Kingsgrove station at the
very eastern end of the station.

A new high speed turnout is being assembled (for the up line) on the city
side of Beverly Hills, north side of the line.  Presumably a tangential
turnout.  Concrete steppers are being used.  Adjacent to the frog are some
sleepers of extended length - suggests to me that a movable frog is to be
used.  Is this the first city use subsequent to Glenfield Junction in the
late 80s?

Nothing else springs to mind at present.

Chris

393dcc77@pink.one.net.au">news:393dcc77@pink.one.net.au...