Re: Difference between long distance and intercity

The problem is the geographic size of this country(biiiiigggg). Some
European/Asian country's Intercity train runs no further then distance
between Sydney and Gosford or Geelong-Melbourne where we consider that's a
suburban train.  Gaps between priciapl cities in Australia are also large,
eg Melbourne-Sydney 960km where as some other countries 2 principal cities
may not be further then Sydney-Strathfiled or Flinder street-Footscrary.

Most of other  suburban trains from other countries run no further then
Sydney-Paramatta (or Flinder street- Preston/Box Hill/Caulfield) .
Maybe those European/Asian trains definition may not be useful here.

Cheers
James

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
393E0317.498FA948@werple.net.au">news:393E0317.498FA948@werple.net.au...
> The whole world has a definition of intercity which differs from
CityRail's