[VIC] Y112 on Sunday

On Sunday last, your correspondant journeyed to 'sunny' Bendigo to
savour the delights of real V sets, with the added bonus of an antique
tea kettle.

In the morning, the first shuttle was to Goornong, long before
Melbournites who keep 'sensible' hours could get to Bendigo.

I managed to catch up with it at Bridgewater on its first Bridgewater
shuttle, after inspecting the Flashing Lights at the down end first
(get your priorities right...) I generally 'caded it back to Bendigo TF.

On its return it ran out of water at Marong, the CFA came to the
rescue. Unfortunately by this point I had cut & run to Eaglehawk to
supervise the passage of the train through the Junction, so I had to
rely on the friendly Eaglehawk Signaller for train running information.

For the second Bridgewater shuttle, after procuring my Zone412 2Hr
MetCard off a suspicious looking ticket purveyour, I travelled in the
luxury of a compartment, complete with fully opening windows.

The Down was away late, but lost no more time enroute.  Even set pax
down mid section a their doorstep.  The return journey was increasingly
in darkness, was ever so slightly 'atmospheric' trundelling across the
plains in a brisk compartment behind a ancient Y class travelling
tender first.  At one point we had to stop to raise steam, and again at
Eaglehawk we were blocked by the Up Swan Hill pass, on account of our
lateness.

--
HXP1
(now with v6.08 software)