Re: [Melb] South Kensington Signal Failure

Chris Gordon wrote in message <393B6676.6F4D966B@alphalink.com.au>...
>Evening All,
>I understand that the signalling at South Kensington failed about 5pm
>causing all St.Albans, Werribee, Williamstown sparks and Geelong,
>Balarat and Bendigo line VLP trains to be canceled, delayed, or
>basically stuffed.

Thanks for the news!

Without suggesting a hijack, I might imagine that if this had happended in
Sydney [Ci*tyra*il], we would have seen by now ...
*    A front-page article in a News Ltd tabloid
*    A demand that a Transport Minister resign
*    A ministerial response that rail authority chiefs, carpeted, should be
ashamed of themselves
*    an aus.rail posting from near wyong on how one contributors train was
delay
*    Three aus.rail postings from Penrith about how no "V" set was delayed
*    A new URL for something like hillbaytrains.sux.org.tv

It's nice to know that in civilised places, a railway can have the
occasional in inevitable stuff-up without any allegations that the sky has
fallen in!

Rgds

Bill