Re: Crap posts

"Michael Kurkowski" <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
8F4B969FFtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8F4B969FFtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...
> Mark Bau <markbau@altavista.com> said:
>
> >Of late there seems to be a dramatic increase in crap posts.
> >
> >Please take personal exchanges to email.
>
> It doesn't help that some twit keeps crossposting that noisy newsgroup
down
> the corridor to aus.rail (namely, alt.ozdebate).

It isn't us that does it, we get some noisy interlopers known as Dead Elvis
and MOUL who randomly pick groups to add cross-posts to. At present, they
are picking on us in alt.ozdebate as well as alt.fan.british-accent and
alt.history.british - they have also picked on alt.fan.karl-malden.nose -
they eventually get bored and go away for a few months.

> Hopefully it dies down.

It will. I just ignore any thread that they are in. You can't killfile
people though as they change their headers to match others, but they get
away with it because they always have their sig on the bottom (therefore not
impersonation).

> Personally, I just killfiled any of the related threads.

Wise move.

Dave