Re: Rail motor CPH 11 and Dorrigo line stuff

chris  wrote..

> looking at the recently updated GMR site it states that......
>
> "Rail motor CPH 11 - CPH 11 has been inspected, and found to be in very
> bad condition. Much of the timber body is rotten. There are holes in the
> floor, and holes in the walls. About one third of the vehicle in the No.
> 2 end is completely rotten. CPH 11 requires a complete rebuild from the
> frame up. The committee is yet to make a decision on the future of CPH
> 11"
>
> Are all of Dorrigo's CPH's like this?

No. We ceased maintaining CPH 11 some years ago when it was allocated to GMR
in one of the failed settlement deals. They were informed that they would be
responsible for any further maintenance at the time.

> Seems that the GMR settled before inspecting the rolling stock, the
> opposition must be laughing at them, what condition is 1919 in? I hope
> it doesn't need any major mechanical repairs.

To the best of my knowledge, 1919 has not had a boiler inspection since
going to the Lauchlan Vintage Village. 1923 would be my pick of the DSRM
19s.

> Is the GMR entitled to
> aquire other locos or  rolling stock if the ones included in the
> settlement are as bad as CPH11?

The settlement agreement specified which rolling stock would be ceded to
GMR.

Trevor