Re: [Vic] Balarat - Ararat Line

> > As many people would know one thing stopping the re-opening of the
> > Balarat - Ararat line is the stored wagons at Middle Creek.  This might
> > be of interest to you:
>
> I hardly think that some stored wagons would be stopping the reopening of
> this line. Reality is that this line is a goner, forget about!
>
> Mark
Actually it was a great line but who lives along it? Why do a passenger
service. Actually close the Bacchus Marsh - Ballarat Section as well and
just run Sprinters via N Geelong - this route has more potential for speed
While you're at it, convert Benalla Oaklands to SG and close BG north of
Mangalore - the BG track is a luxury we just don't need. Why is it that
authorities are so incompetent to close infrastructure which is actually
needed eg Bairnsdale, while maintaining infrastructure not needed (BG north
of Mangalore). Side benefit of Oaklands SG conversion is reopening back to
the Rock - for competitive grain market and Albury bypass if required. Don't
laugh  - for a short time Pinnaroo was on the main Melbourne Adelaide
interstate line