Re: Summary of my Melbourne trip 23-29/5

Hi,

Eric Cartman wrote:

> Lowlights - It was the coldest Melbourne May day for 23 years. A diesel
> (B76) right behind R711. Have West Coast Rail been talking to 3801 Limited?

No.  R711 was rostered (by me) to run solo on this Saturday.  Whilst on the way
home from the aforementioned Essendon Vs St Kilda game (go Dons!), I was
intrigued to find B76 being put on the train.....R711 had come light from
Ballarat on Friday....and the oil fuel truck had broken down and hence R711
could not be fuelled in Melbourne, and didn't have enough fuel oil to run solo
Melb-Warrnambool.  Hence B76 was placed behind it.

Y'see, there's a reason for everything! :)

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber