Re: Whats your fav loco?

Mark <mra1968@iaa.com.au> said:

>As a youngster , living country victoria, i remember the sight and sound
>of the old C class thundering up islington bank, multiple units etc,
>Got to be the old day i guess, eh, times change i suppose but anyway,can
>amyone also post there fav times as a youngster rail fan.
>bring back the old rail action , i wish??? LOL.

Back before the times of active railfanning, my favourite loco was S310.
I always liked the streamlined look of the S's without going overboard
with the dual-cab of the A and B class.  A classic train, IMHO was always
a blue & gold S with blue & gold carriages.

In more recently, having had my first cab ride in a T class, and seeing
much of T333 at Maldon during Steamfreight 98 (with that lovely GM 8-567
sound) the flat-top T class has brought on a lot of interest.  Deep
within my webpage somewhere there is a photo of me in T333 at Maldon,
taken during 1998.  Once again, blue and gold suits them really well.

Regards

Michael