Re: Victorian transport

> Whilst browsing in the Railfan Shop, I came acrossan Hillside Trains
> working timetable. On the cover, it stated that service alterations were
> made to comply with government maximum service requirements.
> Does this mean that transport operators could be penalised for providing
> a better service than the government requires?

No, you have got the wording wrong.

"Most alterations are to bring the timetables into line with the
Government's Passenger Service Requirements, which regulates the times
of first and last trains and maximum service intervals."

Bayside has:

"This timetable was designed to bring the current timetable closer to
meeting the Passenger Service Requirements (PSR)."

--

Chris Gordon

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig
e-mail - cmgord@alphalink.com.au