Re: Main western line victoria action

Mark <mra1968@iaa.com.au> wrote in message
MIPZ4.61$jJ5.5369876@news.interact.net.au">news:MIPZ4.61$jJ5.5369876@news.interact.net.au...
> Where have all the big diesel freights gone, living in the country west of
> vic i remeber years ago the big C,S,B,G,X,T etc diesels climbing islington
> bank etc.
C is only limited to shutting these days, S became slave units only, B
limited on WCR, and some Bs are in Ballarat. Gs and Xs still there but I
think most freight go via Geelong now.

Ts are still there.

> all we get now is passenger action etc.
> anyone know of reason or is freight on this line non existent now.
> mark.
Interstate trains now via Cressy route, most freight reroute via Geelong and
Ararat line closure.

Cheers
James