Re: Summary of my Melbourne trip 23-29/5

----------
In article <3936ea99@news.iprimus.com.au>, "Eric Cartman"
<erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote:

>Lowlights - Not taking food/drink to Kilmore East (no shops), not finding
>the Williamstown Pier that I thought was there (is there one?)

There is (are) Williamstown Pier(s). Most are within the Transfields
Shipyards and are not accessible to the general public. The station itself
is still there, just a platform, but its reason for existence was to serve
the dockyards and was abolished in the late 80's I believe. The overhead has
already been removed. The more unfortunate loss was the Brittania Hotel
across the road from the station being closed before I got the chance to at
least have a drink there.

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne