Re: [NSW] my free travels today

Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:3934E835.A734C13@ozemail.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> I was just wondering exactly how many $'s I saved with the "fare free"
> day today. I heard on the news, CityRail lost something like $3M.

CityRail would never have had *that* many people on their trains. Is that $3
million the amount they get per day normally or the amount that they would
have got if they ticketed everyone (that amount of people will rarely catch
the train if they had to pay for it!). It would have to be a rough estimate
as gates were left wide open at many stations.