Re: Bairnsdale train campaigners confident

James C. (thalytgvNOthSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid) wrote:
> Yes, no sweat to bring back Bairnsdale service, nor Mildura (enough
> sleeper in Newport shop) or Corbam (IIRC Shepparton service stable at
> Shepparton long enough to run service to Cobram)

Hoys has rights to Cobram, but has yet to exercise them. My guess would be
an initial move by exiending one or both trains to Numurkah.

> and Leogatha(this service can even go to WCR).

WCR doesn't quite have the right equipment for the job. It's not a run for
a B (or even a T) and 50t passenger cars. It's more a job for an H set, or
Sprinters.

Cheers
David