Re: [NSW] Plasma screen update

In article <3934e2fc@news.iprimus.com.au>,
Eric Cartman <erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote:

>If this is the case, standby for lots of indicators to be moved!

 The Redfern ESR screens near the escalators block the view of one
of their shiny new security cameras. All the thing will see is the
display...

 I noticed earlier in the week, technicians installing rack mount PC's into
the display boxes, one of them had a windows desktop up and a mouse hanging
by its cord out of the box.

 These ones are different from Martin Place, there the PC was in the control
room and drove all 4 platform screens. Here they seem to be using one PC per
box.

 Given the general (non) reliablity of windows and the fact that there will be
no less than 15 PC's driving the PIDS system at Redfern, what is the chance
that ALL display screens will be working at any given time. ? A crashed PC
sitting 3 metres above the platform isnt going to be easy to reset!. I guess
the station staff will just turn the power circuits off then on again and hope.

>What is the current status of the indicators around the place?

 Redfern has the concourse monitors installed. One or 2 platforms are missing
monitors as the old staunchions are right where they seem to have put the
brackets and cabling, so the boxes will not fit untill the staunchions are
cut down....