Re: [General] Stopping at signals - simple question

Ronald BESDANSKY wrote in message ...
>Elementary train driving lesson 1:
>            When you see a red signal, stop.
>Why is this lesson being ignored so often these days?
>Rgds
>Ron BESDANSKY

What if either
a)  you don't see a red signal (e.g. an up train departing Redfern on the
Down Illawarra) or a train that has pulled up short so that, after changing
ends, the red signal is behind the driver?
b) you see lots of signals, some of which are green, and misjudge what track
you're on at Hornsby, or how far the green signal allows you to proceed at
Waverton?
c) you stop and are then properly authorised to proceed to the next signal?

I suspect that many of the recent Cityrail incidents fall into these
categories.

Rgds