Re: Driver Training 2

"Mr X" <Rail.bob.eastwestfreight@foothills.net> wrote in message
news:b8Ag5.53030$N4.1757953@ozemail.com.au...
> In reference to the last post, in the US, there is a Federal Railroad
> Administration, which enforces the Code of Federal Regulations in US
> railroads.
>
> Should Australia have one too?

Cannot do it.

> To put it bluntly, if there was no CASA, and airlines had no regulatory
> body, would you fly? Even the state the world was in where shareholders
find
> it imperative that shares make profitable returns????
> How about Rail???

How about rail???

> In the US, there is an FAA (Federal Aviation Administartion) as well, as
> well as a FDA, etc etc etc.......
>
> Write to your Local state and Federal members of Parliament and lobby for
an
> Australian regulatory body.

Try reading the Australian Constitution. (You *DO* know what the
Constitution is, don't you? They do teach it in schools these days?) You can
find it at http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/c167/

Anything that is not *specifically* a Commonwealth power is a state power,
unless a state transfers that power to the Commonwealth (which is what South
Australia and Tasmania did in 1975). Railways are not one of the powers that
are conferred upon the Commonwealth, so until there is a Constitutional
amendment, it will remain a state power. Your proposal for a national body
will not take off (no matter how much sense it nakes).

Dave
--
After I cook the vegetables, what do I do with the wheelchairs?