Re: [VIC] Rail profiles

Geoff Tasker <tasmont@bigpond.com> wrote in message
9TQe5.17826$c5.47428@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:9TQe5.17826$c5.47428@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> Does anyone know what Vignole's Pattern rail is/was? It was used
> on the Deniliquin & Moama Railway in 1875.

G'day Chris,

If my mind serves me correctly Vignole's Pattern is actually another
name for Flat Botton Rail, that has been used universally in Australia
for donkeys years.

IIRC Mr Vignole invented it.

Back in the year dot Victoria & NSW at least used bull head rail, I
don't know if the other colonies did.  (Just a bit before my time...)

P.S. I see you are using Outlook Express.  You can actually have your
name in the senders field: Tools > Accounts > News > select the news
account > Properties > Name.  This name can be different to the email
name.

--
HXP1
(now with V6.08 software)