Re: [NSW] Not enough rolling stock.......

Bill Bolton <billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org> wrote in message
9tolnsckucs7cqo0j9k7t79h3ob2b045fq@4ax.com">news:9tolnsckucs7cqo0j9k7t79h3ob2b045fq@4ax.com...
> Ian <iansmithNOiaSPAM@optusnet.com.au.invalid> wrote:
>
> > It has been reported in the press and on 2UE (Carlton's
> > programme) that there will not be enough rolling stock to cater
> > for the expected Olympic traffic.
> > Stupid question maybe.....Why cant't we 'borrow' from
> > interstate? Seems a simple solution to me.
>

> There are just a couple of small problems.....
>
> 1. No other state has suitable standard gauge rolling stock
>
> 2. Even if they did you'd just have a bunch of idle interstate rolling
> stock sitting in Sydney which cannot be used due to lack of guards and
> drivers trained in CityRail's routes and operating procedures.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill
3. it's less then 2 month before the game, even if you can hire rolling
stock from someone, you wouldn't have enough time to test it and iron out
all the teething problems.

Cheers
James