Re: [Vic] Connex TV ads

> > I just saw Connex ads on TV(channel 9), it was short and a bit
> > funny, should be able to get the message to the public.......since
> > Harry yeild out <KAAANIIIXXX> at the end.
>
> The second has a line which goes along the line "Melbourne has no
> hills..."
There is a 2nd version?

> Am I allowed to point out Hillside is the operator who *does* operates
> on the side of hills?
Well, Hillside barely touch the Dandenong range, Hurstbridge line go through
little hills,  even when compare with Sydney/Adelaide
or Brisbane (Ferny Grove line/North Coast line near Landsborough) Melbourne
really have no hills, the so call hills we got are very low altitude. I
think that line was there to grab attension of the audience.

> Pathetic really.
So are most of the Qantas/Ansett ads anyway, especially Ansett, Firefly's
ads on radio is ridiculous. Compare with them Connex's ads is not so bad.

Incidently when was the last time rail operators in Victoria put ads on TV?
IIRC WCR made an ad last year and showed on channel ten.

> > ps: movies on tonight are really sucked, if not for the ads I
> > would rather do something else....
>
> You watch commercial television?
yes....unfortuantely no cable TV at the moment.

Cheers
James