Re: [NSW] Connections between suburban cars

Between the 4th & 5th cars on S sets there is only 1 electrical coupling
(42/44 pin control) and the brake pipe and main reservoir hoses. Between the
4th & 5th cars on K & C sets  you have 1 electrical coupling (42/44 pin
control), brake pipe and main reservoir hoses and sometimes the 5pin 415
volt jumper is coupled between these cars. This provides power from the
alternator sets on these types of  cars.

--
Peter A. Callaghan
Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
39727040$0$11170$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39727040$0$11170$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> sometimes I see the black rubber tubes connected in between the 4th & 5th
> cars (non-T/G sets) and sometimes I don't.
>
> What is in those black "tubes"? (apart from electrical
connections--duh!!!)