Greek Special Train

Next Easter, April 2001, we are intending to run a special event in Greece,
mainly featuring ALCO powered Diesels attached to the front of scheduled
freight trains! Designed to appreciate the hard working Loco on heavy loads!
Initial plan is:

Tuesday 17 April
Two coaches attached to front of freight, leaving Athens about 20.00,
probably with an MLW MX627, A-451 class. Climbing the spectacular mountain
section overnight.

Wednesday 18 April
Arrive Thessaloniki mid morning.
Hoping to run a short afternoon or evening train from Thessaloniki to the
Port area (the old Thessaloniki station), we would like an A-201 a DL532B
ALCO. Maybe A-206, now in Green livery.

Thursday 19 April
Attach our coaches to a freight train from Thessaloniki - Strimon if there
is such a train. If not to Strimon, then Komanos or Idomeni? But a day trip
out and back with an A-501 MLW MX636 on a heavy freight train is what we
request. Destination is not important!

Friday 20 April
Return from Thessaloniki - Athina with train 80509. Depart Thessaloniki
about 11.00, arriving Athens about midnight, or 02.00. Again, probably an
MX627 MLW.

Saturday 21 April
Take coaches with DL500C "World Series" ALCO A-302 from Piraeus - Chalkis -
Athina - Elefsis - Piraeus.

Please e-mail me for more details: PWormald@bigfoot.com
--
Phil