Re: [WA] "200 kmh flyer"

Douglas CLIFFORD <cliffd@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
hoe7nsskad4c1m5kkcag996heoq60sdk59@4ax.com">news:hoe7nsskad4c1m5kkcag996heoq60sdk59@4ax.com...
> "The West Australian" Tuesday 18th July 2000. A new train announced
> yesterday by Transport Minister Criddle will travel between
> Kalgoorlie-Boulder & Perth by 2003.  The "space-age" new >"Prospector"
Cost 8 million $ per carriage....without  tilt mechanism

> will cut two hours off the eight-hour, 600km trip.
Give average speed of 100kph, but few years back with original rolling stock
can acheve this speed.

> On board features
> are said to include:-
> Buffet facility
> Video entertainment

Seat back TV?

> Telephone & Fax access
> Personal air-conditioning controls,
> Personal music channels
> Aircraft-style overhead lockers
sounds like QR's tilt train.

> Easy access tolilets and other facilities for disablrd passengers
> Power points for lap-tops
> Personal reading lights
> Video surveillance cameras
> Drver can video (driver's view of the track ahead.
Similar to QR"s tilt train I guess.......

> The $52.65 one-way fare is said to remain the same.
Would this train rewrite Tilt train's speed record???

Cheers
James