Re: Train plan off the rails, says adviser

There were never any firm plans to extend VFT to Melb but my money is on the Canberra scheme as the Coalition Government in Canberra will have a swag of funds from the GST to spend on such projects to get around the electorally unpopular Badgerys Creek airport plan and as an election pork barrel stunt. There were rumours of a November election but that is now being pushed back to March 2001.
Cheers
Rod Gayford
I'm betting at least 25 years

James C wrote:

Do'h .....looks like for the next ten years it's either Virgin Blue or XPT for me....... CheersJames
David E. Lindstrom <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in message Au4c5.12590$c5.34473@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:Au4c5.12590$c5.34473@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...There's an article in today's Age about government plans for a high speed link between Sydney and Canberra.It's by:By SUSHI DAS T
TRANSPORT REPORTER
Sunday 16 July 2000
http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000716/A9329-2000Jul15.html