Re: Train plan off the rails, says adviser

"James C" <noemail@emailsux.com> wrote in message
3971b934$0$11138$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3971b934$0$11138$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 39719254.D679D156@ozemail.com.au">news:39719254.D679D156@ozemail.com.au...
> > James C wrote:
> >
> > > Do'h .....looks like for the next ten years it's either Virgin Blue or
> XPT for
> > > me.......
> >
> > The XPT does not go to Canberra.
> nor Virgin Blue....

Yet - Canberra is in their plans though.

> I meant I expect to travel by XPT or Virgin Blue to Sydney(from Melbourne)
> in the next 10 years....
>
> Cheers
> James
> .....actually depends whcih one will last longer.....Virgin Blue or
> Countrylink?

Virgin Blue has much deeper pockets, and Richard Branson has shown that he
is prepared to spend some money if it means damaging British Airways - since
QANTAS is part-owned by British Airways, they fall into the same category.
So I think they will last a while.

Dave