Bogie Goods Vans on NR Freight

Felicitations to you all

 I couldn't help but notice an Up SG goods some 10kms south of Wodonga this
afternoon (Sun, 3:30 pm I recall). Wodonga Victoria that is.

It was a lengthy steel train hauled by 3 NR diseasles of some description
(NR+NR+BL).  The only thing of note, to this bored correspondant, was the
inclusion of 3 or 4 bogie covered goods vans towards the rear of the train.
 A real goods train at last!

Oops! I forgot, we're all pretend Yanks now: we've forgotten our heritage
and it appears almost mandatory to borrow railway terms from the US.  It
was rewarding to read in a message on radio frequencies, reference to the
"four foot", a pleasingly traditional Anglo-Australian railway term.

kind railway regards

Brian