Re: Drugs on trains

> I think the difference with the Hurstbridge line is that most of its
trains
> don't stop in Collingwood.

All the evening ones do (after 7pm), which would be one of the more
likely times for people to shoot up I would have thought.

> They used to dash through the train at breakneck speed, only between
> stations where they had enough time to do so, because they had to be
in a
> cabin to open the doors at the next stop. If they had seen anything
worth
> paying attention to, they wouldn't have had time to do so.

Now you mention it, I do remember them doing a lot of running,
especially given every station needed them every 1-3 minutes...8^)

> Yep. Whoever they get on should have responsibility for the
passengers'
> safety, not the train safeworking, which the drivers can and do
handle now.

I agree. Now that Bayside have agreed to ditch the Chubb guards and
replace them with some sort of customer service/security position, it
will be interesting to see what it is they will actually do.

--
Michael Walker
Email: wk@cgsc.vic.edu.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/