Re: [NSW] CityRail Audit of Driver Training

Mitch wrote:

> Saw a train simulator on ACA/TT or something. Is this part of standard train
> driver "training" (sorry, bad joke). It was simulating a Tangara I think by
> the style of throttle (if that's the correct term).

It is one of the two simulators at Petersham. One is a Tangara, the other is an
S set.  They are useless for teaching you how to drive a train.  They are only
good for (and only used for) teaching how to diagnose and rectify faults and
failures on electric trains.  All train handling experience is gained on real
trains in service.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au