XPT intercaptial service, will survive

If they attempt the following,

1) Service is reliable
2) The offer customer service, especially with baggage handling
3) Their staff are polite and friendly
4) They start to offer train comforts such as videos and even driver cam in between videos.
5) The trains are clean and safe.

IF they need an example to compare with, then management should take a ride on the tilt train, I believe the QLd Govt and QR have set the standard for ecomony class medium range (400-1000km) rail travel in Australia and the have the patronage to prove it. Countrylink needs to bring the XPT Mel-SYd-Bris service in line and now the other Govts should also throw some money at the tracks.

I havn't travelled the overland, so no comment.

Shane