Re: [Melb] Mind the rat

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:43:32 +1000, "David Bennetts"
<davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote:

>What a boring system you must have in Melbourne - not a rat in sight.
>That's where CityRail absolutely excels, whilst waiting for trains at Town
>Hall and Wynyard at night I've always been entertained by the rats scurrying
>alongside the tracks, though (usually) they don't venture onto the platforms
>for closer encounters.

I thought they left that area for the cockroaches.

>I've seen rats at Strathfield, and even upper crust rats at Pymble in the
>heart of the leafy North Shore.

I think the cockroaches and the rats have divided Sydney up into
territories. The 'roaches get everything above street drain level, the
rats get everything below it.

Les Brown
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.