Re: rail sitings Adelaide to Anglesea

"Arthur Marsh" <marsh@ties.itu.ch> wrote in message
396a8358$1_2@news.chariot.net.au">news:396a8358$1_2@news.chariot.net.au...
> Last weekend I made a quick road trip to Anglesea, and wondered if anyone
> could fill me in on when railway lines ran to Coleraine and Penshurst (and
> via what route), as I noticed some embankments and platform formations
that
> looked like track may have been lifted 30 or more years ago.

The lines were closed in late 1977. Hamilton - Penshurst - Warrnambool was
closed on 12/9/77 (last through train ran 7/2/77) and Hamilton Coleraine
closed on the same day (last train 11/8/77)

 The Coleraine and Penshurst lines departed from a place known as Coleraine
Junction which was about a kilometer south of Hamilton.

--
Gavin Potter

e-mail:
gavpot@ozemail.com.au