Hope for Gippsland train service

http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000707/A56894-2000Jul6.html

The article basically mentions the positive review of restoring trains
to Bairnsdale. Key points are:

* the $11.5 million cost of getting the line up to operating standard
(presumably for pass trains - we know FA already operates there!)
including renovating Stratford and Bairnsdale stations, a new bridge
and some other things.

* 200-250 people would be expected to use the service from Sale to
Bairnsdale.

* Annual patronage on the whole line would increase from 63,500 to
90,000.

Anybody have any details on how many used the line before and after the
closure to Bairnsdale?

Also what would more educated punters say we would get for $11.5
million? Would it be a service restricted to light services (eg
railcars and T classes) or would it be equivalent to any other part of
Victoria's railways? (eg N class and N set)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.