Re: Trans Adelaide impression

"James C" <noemail@emailsux.com> wrote in message
39613a62$0$17021$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39613a62$0$17021$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> Trains
>
> Jumbo is the most interesting rolling stock of all. Looks like a plane
> both interior and exterior, sounds like a plane also?. The motor carriage
is
> very special with a big engine room at the back and some structures in the
> passenger compartment. Personally I reckons Jumbos are more comfortable
then
> 3000/3100 DMUs. Jumbo also uses QR IMU/SMU style push buttom door opening
> rather then Comeng style pull open habdle.

Melbourne might be seeing more of the jumbos shotly. two are heading for
Melbourne for some sort of trial with the possibility of the rest following
later (this is the rumour). I have heard they may be trialed on the line
that the Bluebirds failed on.

--
Cheers

Chris Drymalik - drymalik@arcom.com.au