Re: Re: [NSW] Plasma Screens - video billboard

these "street vision" things work great at CQY--turns itself off.

but the staff at CQY aren't too bright--the "street vision" is still
playing and they probably see a train coming into the platform around
400m away and decide to play "the train on platform number 1....". Then
when the train pulls in around 40 seconds later......

David Johnson got bored on Sat, 01 Jul 2000 23:41:46 +1000 and so wrote
the following:

          Hubert Lam wrote:

          > Those black things aren't at Strathfield I hope...they're
the
          > "advertising" machines (projectors) you're talking about
(after I read a
          > reply to another post of yours!!!). SMH mentioned it a few
times over
          > the past months.
          >
          > They will play ads on to the screens for "waiting
passengers"

          And they are supposed to turn off when a train is arriving,
but the ones at St
          James don't.