Re: Wodonga SG Sleeper Replacemant

L & D <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
389039F8.AC3D70AB@ozemail.com.au">news:389039F8.AC3D70AB@ozemail.com.au...
>     Over the past few weeks a quite a number of wooden sleepers  have or
> are going  to bebeen replaced between Wodonga and Barnawatha on the SG
> line. For the number going in has there been any problems or is it just
> routine maintance ??
>
> Davo
Yes Davo,
               Sleeper replacement ratio 1 in 5 , but Colemans, who have the
contract are also removing the dog spikes and another metal 'j' bracket,
that I forget its name. They are replacing them with a spring flat clip
which is placed over the  foot of the rail and secured through the top with
a short spike which locks under the foot of the rail. Some of these clips
are not holding very well. Today on the Pilot I counted more than 60 clips
unattached between the Wodonga Creek and the Albury end points at the Coal
siding.
I sure hope that it is faulty installation and not the clip itself.
Installation problems can be solved.
This clip has already been fitted between Albion and Broadford, although the
Pandrol clips were left where ever they were installed.
Rod