Re: [NSW] Brisbane - Sydney XPT

Albert Alcoceba <alberta@zip.com.au> wrote in message
388d3eab.7368211@news.ihug.co.nz">news:388d3eab.7368211@news.ihug.co.nz...
> I travelled from Brisbane to Sydney on the XPT on Saturday 22/1/2000.
>

> The train stopped at Grafton City to refuel the leading power car.  Is
> this a normal procedure now?  I would have thought they would refuel
> at Roma Street.
I very much doubt it, I have been on the train a couple of times, and I did
not notice fuel being put on, it would have to be pretty quick anyway!
I suspect that the HEP power alternator was defective at one end, causing
the working motor to run low on fuel. They balance the Alternators by
running one only each way.
They other cause would be a total failure of a Power Car, putting all the
load on one unit.
Cheers
Rod