Re: [VIC] N class boilers (was: [VIC] H220)

James Brook (ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> Stuart Thyer wrote:

> > The most frustrating thing from Steamrails perspective is that we
> > have 4 brand new boilers for N class sitting on the ground at our depot.
> > They were built, never fitted to a loco and we purchased them. Just need to
> > put them on something. If only we had an R class boiler in the same
> > situation.

> Hehe, time for a replica! The boiler would be original! :-) But serously though,
> with 4 brand new boilers its a pity that no N class locos were set aside for
> preservation in running condition.

3 boilers. One went to a sawmill in Mildura in about 1992.

While things made in 1956 are technically not "new", they were made new by
Clyde Engineering and have never been used.

Cheers
David