Re: Billy and photographers

----------
In article <01bf656f$bbe53840$28e325cb@rocknet.www.rocknet.net.au>, "John
Browning" <ceo8@rocknet.net.au> wrote:

>Is it true that there are notices at Belgrave Station and elsewhere saying
>that any photographs taken on ETRB property cannot be published?
>
>What do people think of that? How would ETRB enforce that?

Don't know if it is true, but if it is it's probably PB defending its
product from being 'used' for commercial gain without any benifit for the
organisation. I'm fairly sure that being published in a railway magazine
would not be an issue, but more likely coming in and getting shots using
models, weddings etc without paying a royalty is the issue.
Even down at Steamrail we squeeze any weddings that turn up for a few
dollars, especially when they just turn up out of the blue, which happens
quite often.

I'm just guessing here. Email the PBR and ask.

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne