Re: Brisbane Shunters

In article <ug638skvplbufu1q3pefaoqj0f9hi5q3v6@4ax.com>, Malcolm Cleary
<mush@es.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi People,
> 	Anyone here work in Brisbane as a shunter? Was wondering if QR
> was hiring staff & what sort of wages they get......basicly am
> looking
> for a reason for a change of scenery from my current job...
> Thanx
> Cheers,

 Well, not me :-)

 Do you have any experience shunting with any railways? QR wouldn't
advertise for shunters positions, they'd probably grab who they could
get. As a low level position, you would get labourers 'upgrading' to
shunters.

But the best way to get a job would probably be to get to know a
shunter.

Seeya!