Re: holidays - any ideas?

In article <85o9e0$sqv$1@bomb.dynamite.com.au> "Jane and Graeme" <janess@dynamite.com.au> writes:
>From: "Jane and Graeme" <janess@dynamite.com.au>
>Subject: holidays - any ideas?
>Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:47:20 +1100

>Hi all

>I'm in Canberra looking to take a few weeks holidays soon and would love to
>spend as much time as possible near the rails.  Can people please suggest
>any good places to go to see lots of good rail action?

Lots of good rail action? There's 3 Exploders a day, about 3 oil trains a week
and the odd log train to hume. The Canberra Railway Museum is open weekends
from 1 till 4. The Canberra Society of Model and Experimental Engineers run 7
1/4 " and 5" trains on the last sunday of the month. They are located in
Kingston next to the CRM.

Dave Malcolm