Re: 4D

Yes, it probably was, reason being is that the curves aren't as severe on
the Belgrave line as they are on the Lilydale line so that they could test
for wheelslip. Although having said
that I have seen it run to Belgrave on the odd occasion, the reason it is
not regularly scheduled to Belgrave is that most of the RWD, UFG, GWY and
LIL crews aren't qualified in it. When it first entered service it was going
to be based at Ringwood and all these crews were to be trained in it so that
it could run anywhere on the Burnley group,of course this didn't happen so
it is based in the city because most if not all drivers there are qualified
in it.
-
Regards
Wizzer
Spel chequers arren'tt awl thier quacked up too bee.
-
-
Notagunzel <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
DrZe4.121$_Q.4812@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:DrZe4.121$_Q.4812@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Wizzer <wizzer1865@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> 85hbm1$sc8$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:85hbm1$sc8$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> > Justin <walmsley_at_hard.net.au> wrote in message
> > C14BAC860D28D2119C7F0000E8318DB401283414@news.hard.net.au">news:C14BAC860D28D2119C7F0000E8318DB401283414@news.hard.net.au...
>
> I assume this was a test run, as the roster for the 4D only takes it to
LIL,