Re: steam loco 1308

In article <3879AC43.B0890090@enet21.com.au>,
chris@enet21.com.au <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote:
>What ever happend to locomotive 1308 that was in the care of the st&rps
>in parramatta park?. Is it up at valley heights or thimere?? I assume
>it's not a goer.

 There are the 'remains' of what I think was a 13 class up the end of
'Rotten Row' at Thirmere. You can see the frame sitting on the rusted
remains of the Parramatta CPH. The side tanks and boiler are nearby.
 The CPH frame sagged under the weight of its engine in the fire,
and the cleanup crew cut the bent frame into 3 pieces.

 The the steam loco frame sitting on CPH bogies it looks like some
wierd attempt at a geared steam locomotive (Shay or Climax type thing!)

 It is possible the remains have been relocated in the last few months,
I hardly give it a 2nd glance when running past on the trikes.