Re: Olympics service (Was Carlingford line & was Cumberland Line)

Jonathan Boles wrote in message <01bf575d$eec18c20$3a67868b@tfboles>...
>> * Buses will replace trains between Bankstown and Lidcombe via Regents
>Park.
>
>Is is possible [operationally] to send a train from the Regents Park line,
>through Lidcombe onto the OPK line???

Yes - the train would cross from the Up Suburban to the Up Main immediately
after leaving Lidcombe station, and then proceed to Olympic Park from there.

>If it is, it seems a bit stupid to
>close that line. What would be the need for this?

To free up rolling stock for elsewhere perhaps? (Just a wild guess though).

>Can't they keep normal
>services and have every-5-minutes-shuttles from major interchanges such as
>Bankstown, Parramatta, Strathfield?

The plans are to run a high frequency service from Central to Blacktown via
Olympic Park. I believe (although open to correction) that there will also
be services from Campbelltown via Granville. Interchange points will be at
Blacktown, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville, Lidcombe, Strathfield and
Central.

>Or even utilise Strathfield triangle to
>send trains from Hornsby to Olympic Park?

Then you would have to interwork them with the trains arriving from Central.

Dave