Re: Millenium/Y2K ect

Dave Malcolm <keithm@commslab.gov.au> wrote in message
keithm.188.38719710@commslab.gov.au">news:keithm.188.38719710@commslab.gov.au...
> I don't know about anyone else but I am getting very sick of this
millenium,
> Y2K bug and all other rubbish not related to RAIL(I know the railways
could
> have been disrupted).
>
> Dave Malcolm

Dave

I've found it rather grating, too, with a lot of posts to this NG re the
above having nothing to do with RAIL.
Unfortunately by your above post you are likely to just perpetuate the
situation, the interest in Y2K issues was going to die a natural death
anyway as we move on from 1 January.  It isn't the new millennium or the new
century yet anyway, they start 1 January, 2001. We're still in the 20th
century, or by the warped logic of the mass media last year we were still
living in the 19th century.

Personally, I mostly just ignore off-topic issues when they are posted,
although I must admit replying to the above subject as the original posts
came from a regular contributor to aus.rail.

I enjoy most of what is contributed to aus.rail, and take the good with the
bad.  I wouldn't like to see some of the belligerent and pompous arguments
which occur in the uk.railway newsgroup occur in aus.rail, maybe we could
have a charter which is published on the newsgroup from time to time, but I
doubt whether this would offer any improvement in standards.

Regards

David Bennetts